Palm Springs is like a desert Oasis. When thinking about Florida you normally have beaches in mind, this is not the case in Palm Springs. With a backyard full of desert and the San Jacinto Mountain on the other side, people find the heart of Palm Springs in-between.
Filled with newly built hotels and resorts Palm Springs has blossomed into a vacation hub that rivals the world’s finest. Trendy hotels, Instagram ready boutiques, 5-star resorts the whole place screams leisure and relaxation.
This place is so special that the King of Rock & Roll had his honeymoon here, at Graceland. That is not the only reason why people flock to this Oasis as there are air shows, Camping spots, and dinosaurs just to mention a few activities.
We have a destination in Palm Springs that will blow your mind just keep on reading to experience the magic.
What are you looking for
- Local experience
What kind of travel do you do
Show only Nicks's favorite tools:
Palm Springs Visitors Center
Everyone that travels to Palm Springs should first make a stop at the visitor center. At the center, you will find useful information about Palm Springs like accommodation, dining, shopping, and attraction spots. There are also gift stores located in the building where you can buy Palm Springs logo-apparel.
The center is open from 9 am till 5 pm daily and is situated on the corner of North Palm Canyon Drive and Tramway Park.
- Make the Palm Springs your first stop to receive valuable information about the city.
- You can get various logo-apparel and other goodies at the gift shop.
- The building was a service station in the 60s so it’s well worth exploring the architecture.
Palm Springs Air Museum
This air museum is ranked number one in California and number 14 in the world when it comes to aviation. The Palm Springs Air Museum predominantly displays aircraft from World War 2, Korea and the Vietnam wars. Surprisingly most of the aircraft at the museum is still in a flyable condition.
Many of the docents are veterans that have served in one or multiple of these wars. They are always friendly and they love to share their experiences and sacrifices on the front lines.
Apart from the aircraft they also house permanent and temporary exhibition, artwork, related artifacts, and library sources to forward the history for future generations.
Children under five and active military (with immediate family) receive free entry.
- This is the number one Air Museum in California.
- Various aircraft from the Second World War, Korea, and the Vietnams wars can be viewed here.
- Learn about the first-hand encounters of the war from the docents present at the museum.
Workshop Kitchen + Bar
One of the trendiest restaurants in the Palm Springs area offers visitors the authentic side of the city. The original building was a 90 old year movie theatre that they renovated into the James Beard award-winning restaurant.
All of their produce is locally sourced to give back to the community that makes this place great. They serve a special World War 2 cocktail that is worth the taste while visiting the restaurant.
- Visit one of the trendiest restaurants in Palm Springs.
- The original building was a 90-year-old movie theatre and is ranked a Class 1 historic El Paseo building.
- Try out World War 2 dedicated cocktail that remarkably teases the taste-buds.
Yoga in the Park by Power Yoga
At the power yoga classes, you will have an amazing backdrop of the San Jacinto Mountain. Not only that the park is surrounded with lush greenery and trees with animal life roaming around. The Yoga sessions are donation-based and a $10 fee will be accepted and is then donated to local charities.
Power Yoga aims to make the classes accessible to everyone and it is a nice way to meet the people of Palm Springs while stretching out in the park.
- Meet and get to know the locals of Palm Springs.
- Donate to the local charities while stretching out at the park.
- Enjoy the scenery and the backdrop of the Mountain San Jacinto.
The Parker Palm Springs
The Parker is a five-star hotel that has everything that you need for your holiday in Palm Springs. They have a selection of excellent rooms that have views looking over the greater Palm Springs area. At the Parker, you will find various relaxing and leisure activities to pass the time if you are not enjoying the Coachella events over the weekend.
- Relax at the poolside at the 5-star hotels.
- There are various spacious rooms that have great views of the city.
- While you not at the hotel you can head down to one of the Coachella events.
Palm Springs Village Fest
One of the highlights, when you visit Palm Springs, is the Village Fest held every Thursday for the visitors of this lovely city. At the fest that thousands of visitors go too, you will be met with a variety of food stalls, arts, crafts and friendly residents of Palm Springs. The warm welcoming will set the ideal starting point for you to explore the rest of the city.
The fest also has live entertainment and starts every Thursday at around 7 pm.
- Get a warm welcoming to Palm Springs through the Village Fest.
- Walk traffic-free through the streets and explore the markets that offer, crafts, food, art and meet fabulous locals.
- Witness the live entertainment on show at the festival and experience the culture.
Palm Springs has an abundant beauty that is eye-catching and spiritual rewarding at the same time. The Tahquitz Canyon has a 60-foot long waterfall that draws in tourist all season long. The Canyon is a wealth of rock art, ancient irrigation systems, wildlife, and flora.
If you want more insight into the Canyon and its surroundings you should visit the Tahquitz Canyon visitor center. The center also offers educational and cultural exhibits.
- Explore the visitor center and watch ‘The Legend of Tahquitz Canyon’ in the theatre.
- Enjoy the 60-foot waterfall in all of its majesties as it runs down the hilltop.
- There is a wealth of rock art, ancient irrigation systems, wildlife and flora to explore in the canyon.
Queen Palm International Film Festival 2019
If you a movie buff are an occasional cinematic watcher the Queen Film Fest will have something that catches your eye. The event is held quarterly in Palm Springs. The Film Festival is an official IMDB festival and host films from all over the world. There is also a yearly event where a grand prize is presented the Queen Supreme Trophy, don’t forget to check that out.
- Witness the glitz and glamour of this prestigious event held quarterly in Palm Springs.
- The event is an official IMDB festival.
- Get to watch some of the best movies from around the world.
Happy Hour at Azucar at La Serena Villas
If you are staying at the La Serena Villas you need to check out the Azucar restaurant. The Azucar is considered by many as a cozy and warm place to dine at. The second-floor rooftop area is really special with lanterns lighting up space and boho furniture giving it that chic look. The food on offer is also delicious offering vegetarian and vegan options too.
- The view from the second-floor rooftop is awe-inspiring.
- The food at the Azucar is some of the best you will find in Palm Springs.
- The boho furniture gives a slick look as well as a cozy atmosphere.
Living Desert Zoo & Camp Gardens
There are so many things to do at the Living Desert Zoo & Gardens. You can take your whole family out for a day of fun activities that involves feeding the Giraffes or visit the petting kraal to interact with various animals.
The hiking and nature trails are full of interesting visuals and the guides are very insightful letting you discover a whole a new take on the wildlife and terrain in Palm Springs.
- Take a ride on the endangered animal carousel.
- Enjoy ¾ of an acre G-scale model train that operates daily, the luminous light show is enhanced with the train show.
- Get to feed and interact with various animals in the kraal.
- Take the kids to the Gecko Gultch where they can create their fun in an open environment.
Elvis Honeymoon Hideaway
The King of Rock & Roll once stayed at this guesthouse with his soon to be the wife for 2 years in 1966-1967. They also had their honeymoon here after their wedding in 1967. It is said that Lisa Marie Presley was born 9 months after their honeymoon stay at the guesthouse.
There are daily guided tours of the house with a viewing of the two master bedrooms named after Elvis Presley’s parents the Vernon and Gladys suites.
If you are lucky you can catch the annual Elvis Tribute Show held on the estate. You can enjoy the live living room concert or relax by the poolside and there are also refreshments on hand. Check out the dates for the yearly show.
- Visit the honeymoon guesthouse where famous Rock & Roll legend Elvis Presley stayed with his wife.
- Go on a guided tour of the house and admire the grand architecture of the time.
- Experience the living room show of the great Rock & Roll legend.
Palm Springs Art Museum
The original museum was established in 1938-1952 and was named the Palm Springs Desert Museum. However, in 1958 they completed the museum and auditorium to house contemporary art and galleries.
On the outside, the gallery has rich architecture and inside it is full of wonders that depict the early years of the Mexicans and various other arts. There are on average 24,000 objects in the museum so when you visit be sure to have enough to explore everything.
- Visit the Annenberg Theatre to witness international performances and dancers.
- Explore the exhibits and galleries and view works by Thomas Moran, Walter Ufer and Stephen H, Willard.
- Art on display includes fine art, fine art photography, Native American Art, Mesoamerican art and artifacts.
As you head towards Palm Springs you will have to stop the Cabazon Dinosaur attraction. This roadside stop offers passersby with iconic dinosaur memorabilia. The stop is so popular that it was featured in various movies including Pee Wee Herman’s big adventure and The Wizard.
You can visit Dinny’s gift shop to purchase different dinosaur-themed merchandise and souvenirs. There is also a dinosaur exhibit that houses over 50 lifelike dinosaurs and a dino dig to explore.
- Visit the roadside attraction that was featured in various movies.
- At the gift shop, you can buy various merchandise and souvenirs that are dinosaur-related.
- Explore the dinosaur exhibit and get your hands dirty at the dinosaur dig.
The Four Saints restaurant is perched on the 7th floor of the Kimpton Rowan Hotel. On the 7th floor, you are introduced to a 270-degree view of the valley. The food on offer is just as impressive as the views. The restaurant serves small plate snacks, entrees, and platters to share.
What makes the Four Saints stand out is their selection of innovative craft cocktails and local artisan beers.
It is the perfect setting to bring your significant other for a romantic night filled with cocktails and amazing views.
- Enjoy the epic 270-degree views of the valley at night.
- Sample some of the delicious cocktails and artisan beers.
- Grab a platter to share while dining on the7th floor of the Kimpton Rowan Hotel.
Coachella Valley Preserve
Get immersed in the Coachella Valley as the desert-like surroundings will make you feel like you just climbed into a movie. The valley offers various guided hiking routes and trails to choose from. One of these trails takes you to the San Andreas Fault line. The fault line takes you through two live oases with a diverse ecosystem that exposes you to wildlife and various plant species.
There is also a route that takes you through the McCallum trail that exposes you to the various wild bird species. The walk is about 2 2/1 hours and the guide will talk and try to make it a learning experience for you.
- Explore the various trails and routes in the Coachella Valley.
- Get to see wildlife and birds as well as the fauna that is only located in that region.
- See the San Andreas Fault line and gain valuable knowledge through the informative guide.
Charles Busch - Native New Yorker
The role that Charles Busch plays in this role is both admirable and comedic at the same time. The Tony award-winning actor will take you back to his early years as he tries to find himself in the industry. The production is open to everyone that likes a good laugh but it also tackles serious issues that he went through along the road.
Some of the songs he performed in this piece include songs from, Rupert Holmes, Jim Croce, Michael Legrand and Stephen Sondheim who are some of the best in Broadway.
Book your ticket for the show – Ticket Booking
- Experience a performance by a Tony award winner.
- Go through the earlier years of Charles Busch and experience the coming of age story.
- Listen to the songs he performs from various artists like Rupert Holmes, Jim Croce, Michael Legrand, and Stephen Sondheim.
Moorten Botanical Garden
When you think of Botanical Gardens a desert-like an environment is the last thing that springs to mind. This botanical garden was created in 1938 as a privately owned arboretum. The owners known as the Moortens are desert plant specialist. They have compiled an impressive array of miniature to gigantic desert plants. There are about 3,000 varieties of different species in the Botanical Garden.
The Cactarium(a word coined by the Moortens) is the first of its kind in the world.
There are also other things to explore in the Botanical Garden like colorful rocks, ancient fossils, gleaming rocks, and gold mining relics.
- Visit the first Cactarium in the world that is devoted to desert plants.
- Explore the different habitats that are specifically designed to house different desert plants from around the world.
- Get to see ancient fossils, gleaming rocks, and gold mining relics.
The Lodge was built in 1952 by MGM actor Don Castle and it was the number one spot for Hollywood celebs looking for a lavish retreat. Since that time the lodge has undergone many changes and was revamped in 2013 to its former glory. While traveling Palm Springs you should book yourself a stay at this luxurious resort and see why it was so popular by the Hollywood elite of the time.
Upon booking, you can choose between a poolside room, garden rooms or a nice secluded cabin room. There is a communal barn and outdoor fire pit so that the guests can get acquainted with one another.
- Stay at a lodge that was once occupied by Hollywood royalty like Elizabeth Montgomery.
- Choose between three different accommodations the pool, garden or cabin side rooms.
- Mingle with the fellow guest at the resort at the communal barn or the outdoor fire pit.
General info Palm Springs
|Country||The United States of America|
|International dialing code||+279|
|Electricity||In the United States of America, the power plugs and sockets are of type A and B. The standard voltage is 120 V and the standard frequency is 60 Hz|
|City population of Copenhagen||48,142|